Panna Cotta with berries
This lovely dessert is the perfect sweetness at the end of any celebration lunch. You can make them ahead of time and keep it refrigerate.
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (from 2 packages)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup mild honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2-pint baskets assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine (such as Moscato)
- 1/3 cup sugar
Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small heavy saucepan and let stand 1 minute to soften. Stir in cream and a pinch of salt. Heat gently over medium-low heat, stirring, until gelatin has dissolved.Whisk together yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract, then add to cream mixture. Whisk until well combined.
Pour mixture into 8 small bowls and chill, covered, until set, at least 3 hours.
Combine berries, sugar and wine in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until berry juices and sugar form syrup, stirring often, at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours. Spoon berries over panna cotta.
- via: Sunday Suppers